Spiced Mincemeat Turnovers
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: about 5 dozen cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/3 cups None Such® Ready-to-Use Classic Original Mincemeat, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk, plus additional as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Beat together butter and cream cheese in large bowl with electric mixer. Add sugar; beat until fluffy, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in flour and allspice until well mixed. Cover and chill dough about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- ROLL one-third of dough at a time to 1/8-inch thickness on lightly floured surface (keep remaining dough chilled until you are ready for it). Using 2 1/2-inch cookie cutters, cut into rounds. Place rounds on ungreased cookie sheet. Place scant teaspoon mincemeat on one half of each round. Fold over other half; seal with tines of fork. Brush with milk.
- BAKE 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
- STIR together frosting ingredients in small bowl. Stir in additional milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until frosting reaches drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 60 turnovers), Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 105mg, Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 11g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.