Spiced Mocha Chocolate Cookies
Jennifer Hunter, Marietta, GA, Bake-Off® Contest 44, 2010
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 2 dozen cookies
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1/2 cup Fisher® Chef's Naturals® Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST® Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- OR Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup Hershey’s® baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 24 chocolate-covered espresso beans
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon Hershey’s® baking cocoa
- Let dough stand at room temperature for 10 minutes to soften. Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough; add marmalade and pecans. In small bowl, mix flour, 1/4 cup cocoa, coffee granules, cinnamon, cloves, allspice and red pepper; stir into dough mixture with wooden spoon until well blended.
- Shape dough into 24 (about 1 1/2-inch) balls. On ungreased large cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart. Gently press 1 espresso bean into center of each cookie.
- Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until tops are cracked and edges are set. Let stand on cookie sheet 1 minute; remove to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix powdered sugar, milk and 1 tablespoon cocoa until smooth and well blended; drizzle over cookies. Let stand about 15 minutes until set.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2010
Fisher and Chef’s Naturals are registered trademarks of John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc., Elgin, IL 60123-7820
Hershey’s® is a registered trademark of The Hershey Company, Hershey, PA, 17033
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 150 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 65mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 12g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.