Spiced Pear & Apple Pie
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 Classic Crisco® Pie Crust
- 4 cups peeled, thinly sliced pears
- 2 cups peeled, thinly sliced apples
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cinnamon sugar
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie. Roll out dough for bottom crust. Place in 9-inch pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough. Trim even with pie plate.
- HEAT oven to 400°F. Combine pears, apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, ginger, salt and lemon juice in large bowl. Spoon into prepared pie crust.
- ROLL out dough for top crust. Place onto filled pie or cut into strips creating a lattice top. Trim 1/2-inch beyond edge. Fold under bottom crust edge to seal. Crimp and flute edges. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to allow steam to escape. Brush crust with milk and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- BAKE 30 to 40 minutes or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 410 (Calories from Fat 170), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 360mg, Total Carbohydrate 59g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 29g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.