Spiced Raisin Muffin Scones
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 24
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/3 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Spray two 12-cup muffin pans with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE first 4 ingredients in large bowl. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add raisins and orange peel; mix lightly.
- COMBINE egg and milk in small bowl. Add to flour mixture, stirring to blend. Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from pans; cool slightly.
- COMBINE the 2 tablespoons sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg on a shallow plate. Dip tops of warm scones in melted butter, then in sugar and spice mixture. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 scone), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 160mg, Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.