Spiced Zucchini Cake
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat an 8-inch square or 9-inch round cake pan lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening, brown sugar, eggs and molasses in large bowl; beat with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add buttermilk, zucchini, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Beat at low speed until blended, scraping bowl constantly. Beat 1 minute at medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 30 minutes or until center springs back when lightly touched. Cool on wire rack. Sift powdered sugar over cake using doily stencil, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of cake), Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 230mg, Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 21g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.