Spicy Apple Snack Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 9 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups very finely chopped tart cooking apples (about 2 medium)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Ice cream or whipped topping
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat 8x8-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- BEAT shortening and sugar in large bowl on medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Beat in egg. Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture at low speed until well blended. Stir in apple. Spread in prepared pan. Sprinkle with nuts.
- BAKE 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm or cool with ice cream or whipped cream.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/9 of cake), Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 340mg, Total Carbohydrate 44g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 26g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.