Spicy Fruit Muffins
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 12 muffins
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped mixed dried fruit
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- HEAT oven to 425ºF. Coat 12 muffin cups lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl. Stir in dried fruit and walnuts. Whisk egg, milk and oil together in a small bowl. Add to flour mixture. Stir only until dry ingredients are moistened. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full, dividing batter evenly.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 muffin), Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 90), Total Fat 10g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 250mg, Total Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 13g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.