Spicy Hermit Bars
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 32 bars
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Powdered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Coat a 13 x 9-inch pan lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening and brown sugar in medium bowl; beat until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add molasses. Beat well.
- COMBINE flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, cloves and salt in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture; beat at low speed just until blended. Stir in raisins and nuts. Spread in prepared baking pan.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes. Cool slightly. Sift powdered sugar over top. Cool thoroughly. Cut into bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 bar of 32), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 45mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 12g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.