Spicy Pumpkin Bars
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 135 min
- Yield: 48 bars
- Pillsbury® Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 48 pumpkin shaped candies (optional)
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE all bar ingredients in large bowl; beat at low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Spread in prepared pan.
- BAKE 20 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled.
- COMBINE cream cheese and butter in small bowl; blend well. Stir in vanilla. Add powdered sugar and enough milk for desired spreading consistency; beat until smooth. Frost cooled bars. Sprinkle with nutmeg, if desired. Top each bar with a pumpkin candy, if desired. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- INCREASE all purpose flour to 1 1/3 cups; decrease baking powder to 1 teaspoon. Bake as directed above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/48), Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 35), Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 80mg, Total Carbohydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 19g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.