Spicy Pumpkin Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 13 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 7 dozen cookies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 2 sticks Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (16 oz.) can solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat baking sheets lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE shortening, sugar, pumpkin, eggs and vanilla in bowl of electric mixer. Beat at medium speed until well combined.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, nutmeg and allspice in medium bowl. Add to pumpkin mixture. Mix well. Stir in raisins and nuts.
- DROP rounded tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- BAKE 12 to 15 minutes. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 50), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 5mg, Sodium 55mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 7g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.