Squirmy Worm Dirt Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 24 servings
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Classic White Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon green food color
- 1 container Pillsbury® Funfetti® Vibrant Green Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 1/2 cup finely crushed chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup chocolate candy pebbles or candy resembling small pebbles
- 12 gummy candy worms, cut crosswise in half
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. Prepare cake batter according to package directions using water, oil and eggs. Beat in food color until completely blended. Divide evenly into prepared muffin cups. Bake 19 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- PLACE wafer crumbs and candy bits from frosting into 2 separate small bowls. Frost one half of the top of each cupcake with a thin layer of frosting. Dip frosted area lightly into wafer crumbs; sprinkle lightly with candy bits. Make a 1-inch deep hole near center of each cupcake using a straw or skewer. Insert half a gummy worm into hole, cut side down.
- PLACE remaining frosting in a decorating bag fitted with a grass tip (133). Squeeze frosting, beginning at outside edge and working toward center, onto unfrosted half of each cupcake to resemble grass or weeds. Arrange 2 to 3 candy pebbles on top of each cupcake.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cupcake of 24), Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 80), Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 210mg, Total Carbohydrate 38g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 27g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.