Stained-Glass Cut Out Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 7 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 8 dozen cookies
- 4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, plus additional for rolling
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Individually wrapped fruit-flavored hard candies in various colors (about 1 per cookie), unwrapped and crushed
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat sweetened condensed milk and butter in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Beat in 1 cup powdered sugar, egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture gradually. Beat on low speed until combined. Divide dough into fourths. Wrap each with plastic wrap. Chill 2 hours.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with foil or parchment paper. Sprinkle counter surface with powdered sugar. Roll out one portion of dough at a time to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with 3-inch cookie cutters. Cut out holes for "stained glass" effect in each cookie with small cookie cutters. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Fill holes with crushed hard candies in various colors. Chill and reroll dough as needed.
- BAKE 6 to 8 minutes or until candy has melted. Cool completely. Remove carefully from foil or parchment paper.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie of 66), Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 25), Total Fat 3g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 50mg, Total Carbohydrate 13g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 8g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.