Stained Glass Harvest Pie
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Ready Time: 270 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup quartered pitted prunes
- 3/4 cup halved dried apricots
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup halved cranberries, fresh or thawed frozen
- 1 cup peeled, chopped tart apples
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Double Crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Low Sugar™ Reduced Sugar Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- COMBINE prunes, apricots and raisins in large saucepan. Add water to cover fruit. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return to saucepan.
- ADD cranberries, apples, nuts, sugar, shortening and 1/4 cup orange juice. Cook and stir on low heat 5 minutes. Cool. Cover. Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight for flavors to blend.
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie. Roll out dough for bottom crust. Place in 9-inch pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough. Trim even with pie plate. Roll remaining dough. Cut into 1/2 to 3/4-inch strips for lattice top. Chill strips. Heat oven to 400°F.
- COMBINE marmalade and 1 teaspoon orange juice in small saucepan. Heat until smooth. Spoon fruit filling into prepared pie crust. Strain and drizzle marmalade over filling. Moisten pastry edge with water.
- WEAVE strips of dough over filling to form lattice crust, extending ends of strips beyond edge of bottom crust. Trim ends of strips even with outer edge of bottom crust. Lift edge of bottom crust. Fold over ends of strips. Crimp and flute edge.
- BAKE 45 to 55 minutes or until filling in center is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cover edge with foil, if necessary, to prevent overbrowning. Cool to room temperature before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 550 (Calories from Fat 260), Total Fat 29g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 290mg, Total Carbohydrate 69g (Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 34g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 4%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.