Sticky Toffee Brownies
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 16 brownies
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (18.4 oz) package Pillsbury™ Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup milk chocolate toffee bits
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted*
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate toffee bits
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Position a rack in the lower third of the oven. Spray bottom only of 8 x 8-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE brownie mix, eggs, melted butter and water in a medium mixing bowl until well blended. Spread half of batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with 1 cup toffee bits. Spoon remaining batter over toffee layer.
- BAKE 40 to 44 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out clean. Transfer to wire rack and cool completely. Using a toothpick, poke holes over top of brownies.
- WHISK brown sugar, cream and butter in heavy small saucepan over low heat until mixture is smooth and comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Mix in vanilla. Cool 10 minutes. Whisk until thick enough to spread. Spread over brownies. Sprinkle with almonds and toffee bits. Let stand about 1 hour or until topping sets.
- CUT brownies into squares. Store in refrigerator. Serve cold or at room temperature.
- TIP *To toast almonds: Place almonds in dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 brownie, 1/16 of recipe), Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 170mg, Total Carbohydrate 54g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 45g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.