Strawberries and Cream Butter Cake
Laurie Benda, Madison, WI, Bake-Off® Contest 45, 2012 Finalist
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 55 min
- Ready Time: 150 min
- Yield: 16 servings
- 1 roll Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/4 cups LAND O LAKES® Unsalted or Salted Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 LAND O LAKES® Eggs
- 3 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST® Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/3 cup Smucker's® Strawberry Preserves
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, sliced (2 1/2 cups)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. Spray 13x9-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray. Break up cookie dough in pan; press to cover bottom of pan.
- In large bowl, beat butter and granulated sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and 2 teaspoons of the vanilla until well blended. On low speed, alternately beat in about 1/3 of the flour and 1/2 of the condensed milk, ending with flour addition, until blended. Pour batter over dough in pan, spreading gently to cover.
- Drop teaspoonfuls preserves onto batter; with knife, swirl preserves into batter.
- Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until edges are golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool until slightly warm, about 1 hour.
- In small bowl, beat whipping cream, powdered sugar and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla with electric mixer on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Serve warm cake with whipped cream and strawberries. Store covered.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2012 / LAND O LAKES is a registered trademark of Land O’Lakes, Inc. / McCormick and the Mc logo are registered trademarks of McCormick & Company, Incorporated, used by permission
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 590 (Calories from Fat 300), Total Fat 34g (Saturated Fat 19g, Trans Fat 2.5g), Cholesterol 130mg, Sodium 150mg, Total Carbohydrate 63g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 41g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.