Strawberry Almond Cake
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 85 min
- Yield: 20 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic Yellow Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup Smucker's® Strawberry Jelly
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 quart (4 cups) fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Strawberry Jelly, melted
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream or frozen whipped topping, thawed
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Lightly spray bottom of 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with flour no-stick cooking spray. Combine all cake ingredients in large bowl; beat at low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Pour batter evenly into prepared pan.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool 15 minutes while making topping.
- COMBINE 2/3 cup jelly and almond extract in small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until jelly is melted. Poke holes in cake with long-tined fork. Spoon jelly mixture over warm cake, allowing it to soak into cake. Cool 45 minutes or until completely cooled.
- ARRANGE strawberries, cut side down, over top of cake. Spoon or brush 1/2 cup melted jelly over berries. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- CUT into squares to serve; place on individual dessert plates. Top each with dollop of whipped cream.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- SEE cake mix package for directions.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/20 of cake), Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 13g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 30%, Calcium 6%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.