Strawberry and Peanut Butter Cream Cake Roll
- Prep Time: 45 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 10 Slices
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, plus additional for garnish
- 1/3 cup Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (10 oz.) jar Smucker's® Simply Fruit® Strawberry Spreadable Fruit
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Sift powdered sugar generously over a 12 x 17-inch area of a clean thin kitchen towel. Spray a 15 x 10 x 1-inch jelly roll pan with no-stick cooking spray. Line pan with wax paper. Spray only the surface of the wax paper with no-stick cooking spray. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- BEAT eggs in medium bowl until frothy, about 3 minutes. Gradually add sugar, water, vanilla and sifted flour mixture, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- BAKE 9 to 11 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Immediately loosen the cake around the edges and invert cake onto prepared towel. Carefully remove paper. Roll the cake, beginning at the narrow end. Cool on a wire rack for 45 minutes.
- BEAT cream cheese, powdered sugar, peanut butter and almond extract in medium bowl until well combined. Unroll cake; spread peanut butter cream evenly to edges. Reserve 2 tablespoons fruit spread in a resealable food storage bag for garnish; spread remaining fruit over peanut butter.
- ROLL cake; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours before serving. When ready to serve, cut a small corner off bag containing reserved fruit spread; squeeze bag to drizzle over top of cake. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/10 of roll), Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 100mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 63g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 48g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.