Strawberry Chocolate Trifle
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 22 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Classic Yellow Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (6 serving size) package chocolate pudding and pie filling mix (not instant)
- 3 cups milk
- 2 pounds strawberries, sliced (about four cups)
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray. Prepare cake as directed, using water, oil, and eggs. Pour batter evenly into prepared pan.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for about 1 hour or until completely cooled while making pudding.
- COMBINE pudding mix and milk in small saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil and thickens. Remove from heat. Cool 30 minutes or until completely cooled, stirring occasionally.
- CUT cake into 1-inch pieces. Place half of cake pieces in bottom of large glass bowl. Top with half of pudding, then half of strawberries. Repeat with remaining cake, pudding and berries. Mound whipped topping on top.
High Altitude (above 3500 ft.):
- SEE cake mix package for directions. Bake as directed above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/12 of recipe), Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 390mg, Total Carbohydrate 57g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 15g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 50%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.