Strawberry Coffee Cake
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup Smucker's® Sugar Free Strawberry Flavored Topping
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- HEAT oven to 375ºF. Coat 9-inch pie plate with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in large bowl. Cut in shortening with fork until even crumbs form. Reserve 1/2 cup crumbs for topping.
- WHISK milk and egg until blended. Add to remaining flour mixture, stirring just until evenly moistened. Spread evenly in prepared pie plate. Spread topping on batter to within 1-inch of edges. Combine reserved crumbs with nuts. Sprinkle evenly over topping.
- BAKE 28 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 210mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 9g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.