Strawberry Cream Cheese Glazed Pie
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 165 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Single Crust Classic Crisco® Pie Crust
- 3 1/2 cups fresh strawberry halves (1 quart)
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus 2 tbsps., divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- 2 (3 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- HEAT oven to 425°F.
- PREPARE and bake single pie crust according to recipe directions, using a 9-inch pie plate; cool.
- RESERVE 2 cups strawberry halves. Crush remaining strawberries with fork in medium bowl.
- COMBINE 1/2 cup sugar, cornstarch and salt in small saucepan. Add cold water gradually. Stir until smooth. Add crushed strawberries. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat. Cool by setting pan in bowl of ice water.
- BEAT cream cheese in bowl of an electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy. Add orange juice and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar gradually. Beat until smooth. Spread in bottom of baked pie crust.
- ARRANGE strawberry halves over cheese layer. Pour cooled strawberry mixture over strawberry halves. Refrigerate. Top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 180), Total Fat 200g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 250mg, Total Carbohydrate 40g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 20g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 70%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.