Strawberry Delight Cake
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 33 min
- Ready Time: 90 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury® Moist Supreme® Strawberry Flavored Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- OR 1/3 cup Crisco® Canola Oil with Omega-3 DHA
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (12 oz.) jar Smucker's® Strawberry Preserves, (1 cup)
- 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury® Whipped Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- 1 (8 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh strawberries for garnish
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat bottoms of two 8-inch round pans lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- BLEND cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed for 2 minutes. Divide batter evenly between prepared pans. Bake 31 to 33 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans, then turn out onto cooling rack to cool completely.
- COMBINE frosting and whipped topping in medium bowl with an electric mixer until well blended. Place one layer top side down on serving plate. Spread with strawberry preserves. Add second layer, top side up. Frost sides of cake, then top of cake, swirling frosting. Decorate with fresh strawberries.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 530 (Calories from Fat 210), Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 2.5g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 350mg, Total Carbohydrate 82g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 65g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 8%, Calcium 8%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.