Strawberry-Lemon Angel Food Cake
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 150 min
- Yield: 16 servings
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Angel Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 pint (2 cups) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Additional strawberries for garnish
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Line bottom of 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan with foil, shaping so that foil around edges of pan stands upright, at least 2 inches high. (Foil will help prevent batter from running over during baking.) Coat foil lightly with no-stick cooking spray.
- PREPARE cake batter according to package directions using water. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan. Bake at 17 to 22 minutes or until golden brown and surface appears dry. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice and lemon peel in medium bowl; blend well. Fold in strawberries until coated.
- REMOVE foil from cake. Cut cake in half crosswise to make two equal size pieces. Place one layer on serving plate. Spread with filling. Cover with top layer. Beat whipping cream and powdered sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until stiff. Frost top and sides of cake with whipped cream. Garnish with additional strawberries as desired. Chill until ready to serve.
Eagle Brand is a trademark of Eagle Family Foods Group, LLC, used by permission.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 180mg, Total Carbohydrate 45g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 32g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 10%, Iron 2%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.