Strawberry Lemonade Shortcakes with Mascarpone Cream
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 18 shortcakes
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Pink Lemonade Flavored Premium Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup water
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (8 oz.) container mascarpone cheese
- OR 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Pink Lemonade Flavored Frosting
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Strawberry Preserves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Whipped cream
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 18 muffin cups with baking spray with flour. Beat cake mix, butter, water and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Divide batter evenly into prepared muffin cups.
- BAKE 16 to 19 mintues or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
- STIR mascarpone and frosting in small bowl until smooth. Combine strawberries, preserves and basil, if desired, in medium bowl until strawberries are evenly coated. Cut cupcakes in half crosswise using a serrated knife. Spread mascarpone mixture evenly over bottoms of shortcakes. Top with strawberries. Place top half of shortcakes over strawberries. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 18 shortcakes), Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 230mg, Total Carbohydrate 33g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 22g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 4%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.