Strawberry Rhubarb Meringue Pie
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Single Crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 1 pound frozen sliced rhubarb, thawed and drained
- 1 (12 oz.) jar Smucker's® Orchard's Finest® Pacific Mountain Strawberry Preserves
- 1/3 cup instant tapioca
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- HEAT oven to 425°F. Prepare recipe for single crust pie. Roll out and place in 9-inch pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough. Trim even with pie plate. Flute edges. Thoroughly prick bottom and sides with fork to prevent shrinking.
- BAKE 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Reduce oven temperature to 400°F. Combine rhubarb, preserves, tapioca, 3 tablespoons sugar and salt in medium bowl. Spoon into pie crust. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until center is set.
- BEAT egg whites, cream of tartar and almond extract with electric mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Beat in 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until sugar is dissolved and stiff peaks form. Spread over rhubarb filling, covering completely and sealing to edge of pie crust. Sprinkle evenly with almonds.
- BAKE 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool to room temperature before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 210mg, Total Carbohydrate 65g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 37g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 10%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.