Strawberry Swirl-Peanut Butter-Brownie Cupcakes
Amy Siegel, Clifton, NJ, Bake-Off® Contest 45, 2012 Finalist
- Prep Time: 50 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 145 min
- Yield: 24 cupcakes
- 24 foil baking cups
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3/4 cup Jif® Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 1 (18.4 oz.) box Pillsbury™ Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 3 LAND O LAKES® Eggs
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
FROSTING AND GARNISH
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup LAND O LAKES® Unsalted or Salted Butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Smucker's® Seedless Strawberry Jam
- 12 small strawberries (optional), halved
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place foil baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. In medium bowl, stir together condensed milk and peanut butter until blended.
- In large bowl, beat brownie mix, eggs, oil, buttermilk and almond extract with electric mixer on medium speed 2 minutes or until blended. Spoon 1 tablespoon brownie batter into each muffin cup; top each with 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter filling. Spoon remaining brownie batter evenly over filling.
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until smooth. Add jam; stir once or twice to create swirls of jam in frosting. Spoon into decorating bag or large resealable freezer plastic bag (cut 1/2-inch opening from 1 corner of plastic bag). Pipe or spread frosting on each cupcake. Garnish each with half of a strawberry. Store covered in refrigerator.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2012 / LAND O LAKES is a registered trademark of Land O’Lakes, Inc. / McCormick and the Mc logo are registered trademarks of McCormick & Company, Incorporated, used by permission.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cupcake of 24), Calories 380 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 45mg, Sodium 160mg, Total Carbohydrate 51g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 44g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.