Strawberry Tres Leches Cake
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 600 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature, separated
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- OR 2/3 cup Magnolia® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 (5 oz.) can PET® Evaporated Milk, (2/3 cup)
FILLING AND TOPPING
- 1 (12 oz.) jar Smucker's® Strawberry Preserves
- 1 cup (1/2 pt.) heavy cream, chilled
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Fresh sliced strawberries and mint for garnish
- HEAT oven to 350° F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with no-stick cooking spray with flour. For Cake: BEAT egg yolks and 3/4 cup sugar in a large mixer bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until almost stiff. Blend in milk, vanilla, flour and baking powder. Wash beaters.
- WHIP egg whites in a small mixer bowl on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, beating until firm but not dry. Gently fold egg whites into yolk mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 34 to 36 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
- LOOSEN edge of cake with a knife before removing cake from pan. Invert cake onto deep serving plate. Using a two-pronged meat fork or skewer, pierce surface of cake several dozen times. In a small bowl, blend milk, sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk. Slowly pour over cake, allowing it to be absorbed before adding more. Repeat until all the milk is used. Cover cake and refrigerate overnight.
- For filling and topping: CHILL beaters and small mixing bowl in refrigerator for 10 minutes. Cut cake in half horizontally. Remove top, spread bottom layer with strawberry preserves. Replace top of cake. Beat cream and powdered sugar in small bowl at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Frost cooled cake. Decorate with sliced strawberries and mint, if desired. Store loosely covered cake in refrigerator.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 390 (Calories from Fat 110), Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 115mg, Sodium 140mg, Total Carbohydrate 63g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 49g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 25%, Calcium 15%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.