Stuffed Veal Cutlets
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Ready Time: 100 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 (3 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 8 thin slices fully-cooked ham
- 8 veal cutlets, pounded thin
- 8 thin slices Swiss cheese, halved
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, for frying
- COMBINE cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, mustard, parsley flakes and garlic powder in small bowl. Mix well.
- MIX flour, salt and pepper in shallow dish. Place bread crumbs on sheet of wax paper. Beat eggs in separate shallow dish.
- PLACE ham slice on top of each cutlet. Trim ham to within 1/2-inch of cutlet edge. Spread each ham slice with about 1 tablespoon cheese mixture. Top each with 2 pieces Swiss cheese. Fold in half. Secure with wooden toothpick. Carefully coat both sides with flour mixture. Dip stuffed cutlets in egg, then in bread crumbs, pressing to coat thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour.
- POUR 3-inches oil in 4-quart saucepan or deep fryer. Heat to 375ºF. Fry 1 stuffed cutlet at a time about 2 1/2 minutes or until deep golden brown, turning over once. Drain on paper towels.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/8 of recipe), Calories 630 (Calories from Fat 370), Total Fat 42g (Saturated Fat 14g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 190mg, Sodium 860mg, Total Carbohydrate 24g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 2g), Protein 40g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 25%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.