Sub-Lime Blueberry Coconut Truffle Pie
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Single Crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (14 oz.) can cream of coconut
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 (20 oz.) can blueberry pie filling
- 6 tablespoons toasted coconut
- Lime slices (optional)
- HEAT oven to 400°F.
- PREPARE single pie crust according to recipe directions, using a 9-inch pie plate. Fold edges under; crimp as desired. Using a pastry brush, brush entire crust with egg white; prick bottom and sides several times with fork to prevent bubbling.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool crust completely on a wire rack before filling.
- SPRINKLE gelatin over cold water; set aside.
- WHISK together heavy cream, cream of coconut, lime juice and lime peel in medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- STIR reserved gelatin; add to filling mixture along with white chocolate. Whisk until smooth.
- POUR filling into prepared pie crust; smooth top with a rubber spatula. Refrigerate pie until firm. Spread blueberry pie filling over top, smoothing it with a rubber spatula.
- SPRINKLE edges of the pie with toasted coconut; garnish with lime slices, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 850 (Calories from Fat 440), Total Fat 48g (Saturated Fat 29g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 220mg, Total Carbohydrate 99g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 75g), Protein 7g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.