Sunday Fish Fry
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 30 min
- Yield: 3 to 4 servings
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, for deep frying
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1 egg white, stiffly beaten
- 1 pound fish fillets, thawed if frozen
- Garnishes: Vinegar, lemon, tartar sauce (optional)
- POUR oil in deep fryer or deep saucepan to a depth of 2 to 3-inches. Heat to 365ºF.
- PLACE 1/4 cup flour in shallow dish. Combine 1/4 cup flour and salt in medium bowl. Add egg yolk, water and 1 tablespoon oil. Stir until smooth. Fold in egg white. Coat fish with flour. Dip in batter. Drain off excess.
- FRY a few pieces at a time about 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with vinegar or serve with lemon and tartar sauce, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/3 of recipe), Calories 370 (Calories from Fat 210), Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 110mg, Sodium 390mg, Total Carbohydrate 12g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.