Super Crisp Country Fried Chicken
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup milk or buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 1/2 to 3 lb. chicken pieces
- OR 2 1/2 to 3 lbs. pounds frying chicken
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, for frying
- WHISK milk and egg in medium bowl. Combine flour, garlic salt, paprika, pepper and poultry seasoning in resealable plastic bag.
- PLACE a few pieces of chicken at a time in plastic bag. Shake to coat. Dip chicken in milk-egg mixture. Shake again in flour mixture.
- HEAT oil to 365ºF in deep fryer or deep skillet. Cook chicken in batches for 20 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove and drain on paper towels.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 620 (Calories from Fat 330), Total Fat 38g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 165mg, Sodium 520mg, Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g), Protein 49g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.