Super Quick Batter Rolls
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 150 min
- Yield: 2 dozen
- 3 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, sifted
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 large egg
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- COMBINE 2 cups flour and yeast in mixing bowl.
- HEAT milk, 1/2 cup shortening, sugar and salt in saucepan just until warm (150ºF to 200ºF), stirring until shortening almost melts. Add to flour mixture. Add egg. Beat with electric mixer at low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl. Beat 3 minutes at high speed. By hand, beat in remaining flour until batter is thoroughly mixed.
- PLACE in large bowl. Spray top with no-stick cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until double, about 1 hour. Stir down. Beat thoroughly with wooden spoon. Let rest 5 minutes.
- SPRAY muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray. Drop batter by tablespoons into prepared muffin pans, filling half full. Cover. Let rise until double in size, about 30 minutes.
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Spray tops with no-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until tops are light brown.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 roll of 24), Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 45), Total Fat 5g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 130mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.