Surprise Carrot Cake
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 150 min
- Yield: 12 to 16 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/4 cups Pillsbury™ Softasilk® Enriched & Bleached Cake Flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice or ground ginger
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 2 cups finely shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (1 lb.) package powdered sugar (4 cups)
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with no-stick cooking spray. Line with parchment paper or wax paper circles. Coat with no-stick cooking spray. Stir flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and allspice in medium bowl until blended. Combine mayonnaise, eggs and crushed pineapple with juice in large bowl. Add flour mixture. Beat with mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 3 minutes. Stir in carrots and pecans. Divide evenly into prepared pans.
- BAKE 28 to 32 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire rack to cool completely.
- BEAT cream cheese, butter and vanilla in medium bowl with mixer on medium speed until blended. Gradually add powdered sugar. Gradually add milk by teaspoonful until frosting reaches desired spreading consistency.
- FILL and frost sides and top of cake with frosting.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 450 (Calories from Fat 160), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 420mg, Total Carbohydrate 70g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 52g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 50%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 4%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.