There's a treat inside each of these little cakes — a rich, creamy filling. Ask kids to help you decorate the tops to suit their fancy.
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Ready Time: 100 min
- Yield: 3 dozen cupcakes
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 2 (3 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk, divided
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Chocolate Premium Cake Mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Dash salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Colored sugar, small multicolored decorative candies or crushed cookies
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Line 36 muffin tins with paper baking cups. Separate 1 egg yolk from white.
- BEAT cream cheese until fluffy in large bowl. Gradually beat in 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk and egg yolk. Set aside.
- COMBINE cake mix, remaining sweetened condensed milk, water, 2 eggs and egg white in separate large bowl. Beat on low speed of electric mixer until moistened; beat on high speed 2 minutes.
- DIVIDE batter among prepared muffin tins, filling each 2/3 full. Add rounded teaspoonful of cream cheese mixture to center of each muffin tin.
- BAKE 18 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched. (Filling will sink during baking). Cool on wire rack.
- COMBINE sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until chips melt; cook and stir an additional 3 minutes. Remove from heat; cool 15 minutes. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla with electric mixer.
- FROST and immediately decorate cupcakes one at a time (frosting sets quickly).
Eagle Brand is a trademark of Eagle Family Foods Group, LLC, used by permission.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cupcake of 36), Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 3.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 140mg, Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 29g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 8%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.