Swedish Almond Spritz Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 8 dozen cookies
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground blanched almonds
- Sliced almonds, if desired
- HEAT oven to 400ºF. Combine powdered sugar and shortening in a large bowl; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, salt, water, vanilla and almond extracts. Using a spoon, stir in flour until well mixed. Stir in ground nuts.
- FIT cookie press with desired template. Fill cookie press; press dough onto ungreased baking sheets. Press almond slices onto the center of the cookies, if desired.
- BAKE 7 to 9 minutes or until set, but not brown. Cool one minute. Remove to cooling rack.
- TIP If dough becomes too soft, refrigerate about 5 minutes or until firm.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 40 (Calories from Fat 20), Total Fat 2.5g (Saturated Fat 0.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 5mg, Total Carbohydrate 4g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 1g), Protein 0g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.