Sweet and Sour Bavarian Supper
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 75 min
- Ready Time: 85 min
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (12 oz.) jar Smucker's® Apple Jelly
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 pounds smoked kielbasa, cut diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (2 lb.) bag sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 oz.) bag frozen onion, red and green bell pepper strips (3 cups)
- HEAT oven to 375°F. Spray a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan or 3-quart ovenproof casserole with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE apple jelly, mustard and flour in baking pan. Add kielbasa, sauerkraut, onions and peppers, mixing to combine.
- BAKE uncovered 1 hour 15 minutes or until sauerkraut is tender and kielbasa is golden brown. Stir sauerkraut mixture to combine sauce and serve.
SLOW COOKER METHOD
- SPRAY slow cooker with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE apple jelly, mustard and flour in cooker. Add kielbasa, sauerkraut, onions and peppers, mixing to combine.
- COVER and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours (or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours). Stir sauerkraut mixture to combine sauce and serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6 of recipe), Calories 450 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 95mg, Sodium 1820mg, Total Carbohydrate 54g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 42g), Protein 24g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%, Vitamin C 40%, Calcium 4%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.