Sweet and Sour Pork with Rice
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 35 min
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1/2 cup Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 pound lean boneless pork, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (20 oz.) can pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil, for frying
- 3 carrots, cut into thin diagonal slices
- 1 green pepper, seeded, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- Hot cooked rice
- MIX flour, salt and baking powder in medium bowl. Blend in cold water. Add pork. Stir to coat. Set aside.
- DRAIN pineapple chunks, reserving juice. Set aside pineapple chunks. Blend reserved pineapple juice, vinegar and cornstarch in small bowl. Set aside.
- HEAT 1 inch oil in Dutch oven to 375ºF. Remove half the pork from batter with slotted spoon. Add to oil. Fry 3 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining pork. Discard oil, reserving about 1 tablespoon in Dutch oven.
- ADD carrots. Stir-fry over moderate heat 2 to 3 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Add green pepper. Stir-fry an additional 2 to 3 minutes. Add pineapple juice mixture, pineapple chunks and brown sugar. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- COOK and stir until mixture is clear and thickened. Stir in pork. Cook about 3 minutes, or until hot. Serve with rice.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/4 of recipe), Calories 590 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 60mg, Sodium 570mg, Total Carbohydrate 82g (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 33g), Protein 27g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 160%, Vitamin C 70%, Calcium 10%, Iron 20%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.