Sweet Cherry Tarts
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 12 tarts
- Double Crust Classic Crisco Pie Crust
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (17 oz.) can dark sweet pitted cherries in syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- HEAT oven to 425ºF.
- PREPARE dough for double crust pie according to recipe directions. Divide in half. Roll each half to 1/8-inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut six 4-inch circles from each half. Place circles over backs of inverted 2 3/4-inch muffin cups or small custard cups. Pinch together in several places so dough fits cups. Prick with fork.
- BAKE 15 minutes or until brown. Cool on a rack, then carefully remove shells from cups.
- BEAT cream cheese, powdered sugar and milk until smooth and creamy. Spoon into baked shells.
- DRAIN cherries, reserving syrup. If needed, add water to make 1 cup liquid. Combine sugar and cornstarch in heavy saucepan. Gradually stir in cherry juice, blending until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until boiling. Cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in extract and cherries. Cool.
- SPOON cherry glaze over cheese filling. Refrigerate. Top with whipped cream just before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 tart), Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 15mg, Sodium 240mg, Total Carbohydrate 30g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 12g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.