Tennessee Chess Pie
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 75 min
- Ready Time: 180 min
- Yield: 8 servings
- Single Crust Classic Crisco® Pie Crust
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons Martha White® Plain Enriched White Corn Meal
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cider vinegar
- PREPARE recipe for single pie crust. Roll out and place in 9-inch pie plate. Press to fit without stretching dough. Trim even with pie plate. Flute edges.
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Combine sugar, corn meal, flour, salt, butter, half-and-half, egg yolks, vanilla and vinegar in large bowl. Mix well. Spoon filling into prepared pie crust.
- BAKE 1 hour 15 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and filling is completely set. Cover crust edges with foil during baking if needed to prevent overbrowning. Cool to room temperature before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 560 (Calories from Fat 270), Total Fat 31g (Saturated Fat 14g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 200mg, Sodium 320mg, Total Carbohydrate 65g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 44g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.