Tex-Mex Sheet Cake
Attention chocolate lovers! Enjoy the taste of moist, rich chocolate cake topped with a silky chocolate frosting with almonds.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Ready Time: 75 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/4 cups butter, divided
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 1 cup strong brewed Folgers Classic Roast® Coffee
- OR 1 cup strong brewed Folgers® Black Silk Coffee
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Folgers Classic Roast® Instant Coffee Crystals
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds or pecans*
- HEAT oven to 350ºF. Spray 15x10-inch jellyroll pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- MELT 1 cup butter. Whisk in 1/4 cup cocoa until smooth. Stir in brewed coffee.
- STIR flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in large mixing bowl. Add cocoa mixture and beat with electric mixer on medium speed 1 minute. Beat in 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk, eggs and vanilla until blended. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- MELT remaining 1/4 cup butter. Whisk in remaining 1/4 cup cocoa and sweetened condensed milk. Dissolve 1 tablespoon coffee crystals in water. Add to frosting mixture. Beat stir in powdered sugar until smooth. Spread on warm cake. Sprinkle evenly with nuts.
- TIP *To make strong brewed coffee: Measure 1/4 cup Folgers Classic Roast or Black Silk Ground Coffee for each 1 1/4 cups cold water. Brew in coffeemaker as desired.
- TIP *To toast nuts: Place nuts in dry nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat, shaking pan until nuts are lightly browned.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 580 (Calories from Fat 250), Total Fat 28g (Saturated Fat 15g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 110mg, Sodium 400mg, Total Carbohydrate 77g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 57g), Protein 9g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 15%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.