Thai Peanut Chicken
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 330 min
- Ready Time: 360 min
- Yield: 6 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 (14 oz.) can reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red curry paste, to taste
- 1 tablespoon Thai-style fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds meaty chicken pieces (breasts, thighs, drumsticks)
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 pound baby carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Hot cooked brown rice
- Fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- COAT slow cooker with no-stick cooking spray. Whisk chicken broth, peanut butter, flour, brown sugar, lime juice, red curry paste, fish sauce, ginger, garlic and lime peel in medium bowl until smooth.
- LAYER chicken pieces, onions, carrots and red pepper in slow cooker. Pour peanut butter mixture over top.
- COVER and cook on Low 5 to 6 hours (High 2 1/2 to 3 hours) or until meat is fork-tender. Stir in coconut milk and peas. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Serve over hot rice and top with cilantro, if desired.
- TIP Chicken can also be prepared in a 4-quart Dutch oven following the same recipe for slow cooker. Bring mixture to a boil. Cover tightly and simmer 1 hour or until meat is fork-tender. Add coconut milk and peas. Serve over hot rice and top with cilantro, if desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1/6), Calories 440 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 730mg, Total Carbohydrate 44g (Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugars 11g), Protein 30g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 140%, Vitamin C 35%, Calcium 6%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.