Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Ready Time: 60 min
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 3/4 cup Crisco® Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, melted and cooled
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks Butter Flavor All-Vegetable Shortening, melted and cooled
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- BEAT shortening, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large bowl with an electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, egg yolk and vanilla.
- COMBINE flour, salt and baking soda in medium bowl. Add to shortening mixture on low speed until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- DROP by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- BAKE 10 to 12 minutes or until just starting to brown. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet. Remove cookies to cooling rack.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 60), Total Fat 6g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 55mg, Total Carbohydrate 19g (Dietary Fiber 19g, Sugars 13g), Protein 1g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.