Tin Roof Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 24
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Devil's Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup peanuts, chopped, divided
- 3 (1 oz.) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 to 7 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- For Cupcakes: HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. Beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup peanuts. Divide evenly into muffin cups.
- BAKE 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely on wire rack.
- HEAT chocolate in small microwave-safe bowl in microwave on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally until smooth. Combine melted chocolate, powdered sugar, shortening, vanilla and salt in large bowl. Slowly blend in milk to desired consistency. Beat on high 3 to 5 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
- For Frosting: PLACE frosting in decorator bag fitted with a decorator tip (4B). Frost cupcakes by starting at outside edge, working in a circular motion to build up frosting moving towards center, creating a swirl effect. Top with marshmallows and remaining peanuts.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cupcake of 24), Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 140), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 250mg, Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 26g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 6%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.