Gwen Beauchamp Lancaster, TX Bake-Off® Contest 43, 2008 $5,000 - America's Favorite Recipe Award
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 38 min
- Ready Time: 190 min
- Yield: 24 brownies
- 1 (18.4 oz.) package Pillsbury® Family Size Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 2/3 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup Water
- 3 Eggland’s Best eggs
- 1 1/2 cups toffee bits
- 1 cup Fisher® Macadamia Nuts, chopped
- 2 firm ripe medium bananas, cut into 1/4-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 1/3 cup Smucker's® Caramel Flavored Topping
- Heat oven to 350°F. Generously spray 13x9-inch pan with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray.
- In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, oil, water and eggs 50 strokes with spoon. Add 1 cup of the toffee bits, the nuts and bananas; stir just until well blended. Pour into pan. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup toffee bits over top.
- Bake 38 to 48 minutes or until center is set when lightly touched, top is slightly dry and edges just start to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely, about 2 hours. For brownies, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. To serve, drizzle each brownie with caramel topping. Cover and refrigerate any remaining brownies.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft)
- Increase water to 1/3 cup. Add 1/2 cup all-purpose flour to dry brownie mix.
Eggland's Best is a registered trademark of Eggland's Best, Inc. Fisher is a registered trademark of John B. Sanfilippo & Son, Inc. Elk Grove Village, IL 60007-6057 U.S.A.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 of 24 brownies), Calories 290 (Calories from Fat 150), Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 135mg, Total Carbohydrate 35g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 26g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 2%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.