Traditional Apple Pie
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 8 slices
- 6 to 7 cups peeled, thinly sliced Jonathan or other tart baking apples (about 2 lbs. or 6 to 7 medium)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- HEAT oven to 400°F.
- PREPARE recipe for double crust pie, using a 9-inch pie plate. Roll out dough for bottom crust and place in pie plate according to recipe directions. Do not bake.
- PLACE apples in large bowl. Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg in small bowl. Sprinkle over apples. Toss well to coat. Spoon into unbaked pie crust. Dot with butter. Moisten pastry edge with water.
- ROLL out dough for top crust, place onto filled pie and finish edges according to pie crust recipe directions. Cut slits in top crust or prick with fork to vent steam.
- PLACE pie in oven. Immediately reduce temperature to 350ºF. Bake 45 minutes or until filling in center is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Cool until barely warm or to room temperature before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/8 of pie), Calories 430 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 310mg, Total Carbohydrate 57g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 28g), Protein 4g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 2%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.