Traditional Homestyle Yeast Bread
- Prep Time: 40 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 1 loaf
- 1 (16 oz.) package Pillsbury™ Hot Roll Mix
- 1 cup hot water, 120° to 130°F
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, as needed to handle dough
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- COMBINE flour and yeast packets from roll mix in large bowl. Stir in hot water, butter and egg until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Knead dough on lightly floured surface 5 minutes until smooth, adding more flour as needed. Cover with large bowl; let rest 5 minutes. Heat oven to 350°F.
- COAT 9 x 5 or 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with no-stick cooking spray. Press or roll dough into 14 x 7-inch rectangle on lightly floured surface. Starting with 7-inch side, roll up tightly. Pinch edges and ends firmly to seal. Place seam side down in prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and towel. Let rise in warm place (80° to 85°F) 15 minutes or until doubled in size.
- UNCOVER dough. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until loaf sounds hollow when lightly tapped. Remove from pan. Cool on wire rack.
- RAISIN CINNAMON SWIRL BREAD: ADD 1/2 cup raisins to flour mixture. Roll dough into a 14 x 7-inch rectangle. Spread with 1 tablespoon softened butter. Combine 1/4 cup sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle over butter. Continue as directed above.
- SAVORY ITALIAN PARMESAN BREAD: ADD 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder to flour mixture. Continue as directed above.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of loaf), Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 40), Total Fat 4.5g (Saturated Fat 1.5g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 25mg, Sodium 280mg, Total Carbohydrate 27g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g), Protein 6g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 0%, Iron 8%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.