Traditional Sugar Cookies
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Ready Time: 240 min
- Yield: 2 to 3 dozen cookies
- 2 1/4 cups White Lily® Enriched Bleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 oz.) can Pillsbury™ Creamy Supreme® Vanilla Flavored Frosting
- Colored sugar, sprinkles or candy bits
- HEAT oven to 375°F.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in small bowl. Beat butter in large bowl 30 seconds using an electric mixer. Add sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Add flour mixture. Beat until smooth. Divide dough in half. Cover and chill about 3 hours.
- ROLL out half the dough at a time, on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes. Place on ungreased baking sheets.
- BAKE 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack. Frost cooled cookies. Decorate with sugar, sprinkles or candy bits.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cookie), Calories 190 (Calories from Fat 70), Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 20mg, Sodium 110mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 19g), Protein 2g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.