Tres Leches Cake
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Ready Time: 1440 min
- Yield: 12 servings
- Pillsbury™ Baking Spray with Flour
- 5 large eggs, at room temperature, separated
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2/3 cup Magnolia® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 (5 oz.) can (2/3 cup) Magnolia® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup (1/2 pt.) heavy cream, chilled
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Maraschino cherries, if desired
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with no-stick cooking spray with flour. Beat egg yolks and 3/4 cup sugar in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until almost stiff. Blend in 1/4 cup milk, vanilla, flour and baking powder. Wash beaters.
- WHIP egg whites in a small mixing bowl on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining 1/4 cup sugar, beating until firm but not dry. Gently fold egg whites into yolk mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 34 to 36 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
- LOOSEN edge of cake with a knife before removing cake from pan. Invert cake onto deep serving plate. Using a meat fork or skewer, pierce surface of cake several dozen times. In a small bowl, blend milk, sweetened condensed and evaporated milks. Slowly pour over cake, allowing it to be absorbed before adding more. Repeat until all the milk is used. Cover cake and refrigerate overnight.
- CHILL beaters and small mixing bowl in refrigerator for 10 minutes. Beat cream and powdered sugar in small bowl at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Frost cooled cake. Decorate with cherries, if desired. Store loosely covered cake in refrigerator.
- STRAWBERRY TRES LECHES CAKE: Follow above recipe through step #3. Cut cake in half horizontally. Remove top, spread bottom layer with 12 oz. jar Smucker's® Strawberry Preserves. Replace top of cake. Continue above recipe with step #4, preparing whipped cream and frosting the entire cake. Omit maraschino cherries and decorate frosted cake with sliced strawberries and mint leaves, if desired.
Magnolia is a trademark of Eagle Family Foods Group, LLC, used by permission.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/12 of cake), Calories 360 (Calories from Fat 120), Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 120mg, Sodium 160mg, Total Carbohydrate 52g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 39g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 20%, Iron 6%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
* Ensure all recipe ingredients are gluten free by referencing the ingredient labels, as products may vary. If uncertain, contact the ingredient manufacturer.