Triple Chocolate Cake
- Prep Time: 25 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Ready Time: 105 min
- Yield: 16 servings
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Moist Supreme® Devil's Food Premium Cake Mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 (4 oz.) bar milk chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup (6 oz.) white baking chips
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups (1 lb.) powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Lightly spray two 9-inch round cake pans with no-stick cooking spray. Combine cake mix, sour cream, water, oil and eggs in large bowl at low speed until moistened; beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Gently fold in milk chocolate. Pour batter evenly into pans.
- BAKE 29 to 33 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly in center. Cool 15 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely.
- MICROWAVE white baking chips in large microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100% power) for 90 seconds, stirring until all the chips have melted. Cool completely. Beat butter into cooled melted chips with electric mixer on medium speed until thoroughly combined. Gradually add powdered sugar and milk, beating until fluffy. Beat in additional milk, by the teaspoon, until frosting is of desired spreading consistency.
- PLACE 1 layer bottom side up on serving plate. Spread 1/2 cup frosting over layer. Place remaining layer bottom side down on frosted layer. Frost sides and top of cake with remaining frosting. Garnish as desired.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 470 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 22g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 65mg, Sodium 330mg, Total Carbohydrate 69g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 56g), Protein 5g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.