Tropical Breeze Cupcakes
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Ready Time: 120 min
- Yield: 24
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup ripe, mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup Smucker's® Pineapple Flavored Topping
- 1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons Smucker's® Pineapple Flavored Topping
- 1 cup toasted coconut*
- For Cupcakes: HEAT oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Beat sugar, butter, banana and coconut extract in large bowl with electric mixer on high until creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add in flour mixture and milk. Beat on medium until smooth. Stir in coconut and pineapple topping. Divide evenly into muffin cups.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Place on wire rack to cool.
- For Frosting: BEAT cream cheese, butter and shortening in large bowl with electric mixer on high until smooth. Add powdered sugar. Beat on low until creamy. Mix in pineapple topping. Beat on high until fluffy. Frost cupcakes. Garnish with toasted coconut.
- TIP *To toast coconut: Spread coconut on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 3 minutes, tossing with fork after each minute, until golden brown. Remove from plate immediately to avoid overbrowning.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 cupcake of 24), Calories 310 (Calories from Fat 130), Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 50mg, Sodium 190mg, Total Carbohydrate 42g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 32g), Protein 3g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 4%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.