Tunnel Of Fudge™ Cake
- Prep Time: 35 min
- Cook Time: 47 min
- Ready Time: 270 min
- Yield: 16 servings
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 1/4 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups chopped walnuts*
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 to 6 teaspoons milk
- HEAT oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan. Combine sugar and butter in large bowl; beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add 2 cups powdered sugar; blend well. Stir in flour, cocoa and walnuts by hand until well blended. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- BAKE 50 to 55 minutes or until top is set and edges are beginning to pull away from edge of pan.** Cool upright in pan on wire rack 1 1/2 hours; invert onto serving plate. Cool for at least 2 hours.
- COMBINE all glaze ingredients in small bowl, adding enough milk for desired drizzling consistency. Spoon over top of cake, allowing some to run down sides. Store tightly covered.
- TIP * Nuts are essential for the success of this recipe.
- TIP ** Since this cake has a soft filling, an ordinary doneness test cannot be used. Accurate oven temperature and baking times are essential.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Serving Size (1 slice, 1/16 of cake), Calories 540 (Calories from Fat 290), Total Fat 32g (Saturated Fat 15g, Trans Fat 0.5g), Cholesterol 135mg, Sodium 170mg, Total Carbohydrate 61g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 43g), Protein 8g; Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 4%, Iron 15%.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.